PARIS, September 7th, 2022 – In HUMANKIND™, Amplitude Studios’ turn-based historical strategy game, the developers always wanted there to be more ways to win than simple military domination. And while the game’s unified victory condition, Fame, was a first step towards that, the studio is now ready to take things much further with the introduction of the first major expansion, “Together We Rule”. New features like the Congress of Humankind, Embassies, and Agents will help players see the world in a new light and resolve conflicts differently.
“Together We Rule” Content
Here’s a more detailed look at what’s included in the Expansion:
- Congress of Humankind – Get involved in an inter-empire forum with the Congress of Humankind. The congress will allow players to vote and decide on global doctrines and arbitrate international conflicts together.
- Embassy – Use this new Quarter to sign agreements that are beneficial for both empires, like joint training or research agreements. Or use your Leverage currency to force an empire to take specific actions to your benefit, like lowering war support or enforcing demands.
- Agents – Use this new unit family to gather Leverage. They will also allow you to infiltrate, sabotage and disinform other empires.
- Diplomatic Affinity + 6 New Cultures – The new Diplomatic Affinity allows its cultures to have a more active role in the world’s diplomacy.
– Their Active Ability allows them to demilitarize a territory for 10 turns, while their Passive Ability allows all their units, beyond just agents, to collect Leverage.
– The 6 new cultures are the Sumerians, the Han Chinese, the Bulgarians, the Swiss, the Scots, and the Singaporeans.
- 6 new wonders, new narrative events, new music – Monument Valley, Pamukkale, Chocolate Hills, Eldgjá, Palace of Versailles, and the Congress of Humankind Headquarters.
Additional Major Free Update
Whether players choose to opt for these new diplomatic tools or not, a massive free update for HUMANKIND™ will be released for everyone alongside the expansion pack. It will add new Stealth mechanics, revamp independent peoples, allow for third-party battle re-enforcements, and add new UI options and improvements.
“Together We Rule” will be coming in Fall 2022.
About Amplitude Studios SAS:
Amplitude Studios SAS is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of their players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, they are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
The studio’s current titles in production include HUMANKIND™, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Ancient to the Modern Era; and Endless™ Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game. They are best known for their critically acclaimed Endless™ series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
The close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. They are proud of the way they create games together with their players via Games2Gether, their custom-built community platform that enables the community to play a key role in the creation of the games at every stage of development.
About SEGA Europe Limited:
SEGA Europe Limited is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA CORPORATION, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. SEGA wholly owns the video game development studios Two Point Studios, Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Amplitude Studios, Sports Interactive and HARDlight. SEGA Europe’s website is located at www.sega.co.uk