London – August 31st, 2023 – SEGA® Europe Ltd and Creative Assembly™ Ltd, have today launched the Shadows of Change DLC pack for Total War™: WARHAMMER® III. Three new Legendary Lords join the fray; The Changeling for Tzeentch, Yuan Bo, the Jade Dragon for Grand Cathay, and Mother Ostankya for Kislev with unique campaign mechanics to exploit, units to command and battle abilities to wield.
Watch the trailer for Shadows of Change here:
The Changeling, Tzeentch’s Trickster (Tzeentch)
- The Changeling is a master infiltrator who assumes many forms. Raising cults in settlements to manipulate them in service of his schemes, he uses impersonation, insidious pranks and trickery to erode alliances and fuel conflict such as tipping the iconic Elector Counts into civil war and collapsing The Empire from within.
- New units: The Blue Scribes, Tzaangors, the Cockatrice and the Mutalith Vortex Beast
Yuan Bo, The Jade Dragon (Grand Cathay)
- Leader of the Jade Court and The Emperor’s Executioner. At first glance, an obsessive bureaucrat – scratch the surface and find a formidable spymaster, sorcerer and ferocious warrior capable of singling out and defeating enemy heroes and lords in melee combat.
- New units: the Jade Lion, the Jet Lion, Onyx Crowmen, the Celestial General and the Zhangu War Drum
Mother Ostankya, Daughter of the Forest (Kislev)
- A vengeful crone who dwells in the ancient oblasts of old Kislev and hunts forbidden Hexes. Her frail visage conceals a being of terrifying arcane might who haunts the nightmares of Kislevite children and harnesses nature’s wrath to create potent incantations.
- New units: the Hag Witch, the Incarnate Elemental of Beasts, The Things in the Woods, and Akshina Ambushers.
- Legendary Hero Aekold Helbrass; a chaos cultist pursued to the edge of the chaos wastes, he was saved from the brink of death and reborn as a Champion of Tzeentch.
With Shadows of Change, Patch 4.0 is coming to Total War: WARHAMMER III. Full patch notes can be read on the official Total War blog but here is the tip of the iceberg in the form of a few highlights.
AI Changes & Improvements
Total War: WARHAMMER III’s AI is receiving refinements to be more engaging to play against, more effective in the right places, and increasing the likelihood of making mistakes that can be capitalised on therefore creating more opportunities for players to seize the strategic initiative.
New Legacy Landmarks
We’ve added 13 new Landmarks across the map in our continued effort to bring fan-favourite locations from the trilogy into Immortal Empires:
- Glacial Caves in Fateweavers Crevasse
- Agrammon’s Menagerie in Castle of Splendour
- Desecrated Grove in Haunted Forest
- Occupied Imperial Palace in Wei-Jin
- Pillar of Bone in Deff Gorge
- Huatl in the Awakening
- Monument to the Ecstatic Hunt in Shrine of Kurnous
- Valley of Many Eyes in Black Pit
- Rampaging Oak in Mordheim
- Wreck of the Talon of Agony in Haichai
- Monolith of the Bloody-Hand in Monolith of Bjorkil Bloody-Hand
- Hall of Rebirth in Lahmia
- Bells of the Lazarghs in Maw Gate
- The Lore of Light and the Lore of Beasts have been completely visually overhauled with every spell in each lore receiving all new visual effects and audio treatments.
- Beastmen – get ‘Herdstone’, as a minor settlement map.
- Lizardmen – get ‘Spawning Pools’, a new domination map.
- Chaos Wastes – the ‘Chaos Waste Mountains’ areas get new battle maps.
- A horde of bugs have been squashed in Patch 4.0 visit the Total War blog for full patch notes.
Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy
Coming later this year Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Edition will combine all three base games into one unified physical release and retailing at €59.99 including a 10% discount voucher across all DLC.
For further information please visit here.
Release Date: August 31st, 2023 at 16:00 CEST
Store Page: Total War: WARHAMMER III
Platforms: Steam, Epic Games Store, Windows Store
About Total War
With more than 42.5 million copies sold, Total War is one of the most established and critically acclaimed series in gaming. A drive for historical authenticity and superb gaming quality has helped establish the franchise as one of the most successful PC games of all time. Alongside the core historical-based games, the Total War series has expanded to include free-to-play mobile (Total War Battles™: KINGDOM), fantasy epics (Total War: WARHAMMER), and historical snapshots (Total War Saga™: THRONES OF BRITANNIA). www.totalwar.com.
About Creative Assembly™
Creative Assembly is one of Europe’s leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games including the newly announced first-person shooter HYENAS and through world-renowned partnerships; with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 800, amassed a wealth of awards including multiple Best Place to Work awards and accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellent awards. www.creative-assembly.com
About SEGA Europe Limited
SEGA Europe Limited is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA CORPORATION, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. SEGA wholly owns the video game development studios Two Point Studios, Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Amplitude Studios, Sports Interactive and HARDlight. SEGA Europe’s website is located at www.sega.co.uk
About Games Workshop®
Games Workshop Group PLC (LSE:GAW.L), based in Nottingham, UK, produces the best fantasy miniatures in the world. Games Workshop designs, manufactures, retails, and distributes its range of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar® and Warhammer 40,000® games, miniatures, novels and model kits through more than 523 of its own stores (branded Warhammer), the www.games-workshop.com web store and independent retail channels in more than 50 countries worldwide. More information about Games Workshop and its other, related, brands and product ranges (including our publishing division ‘Black Library’ and our special resin miniatures studio ‘Forge World’) can be found at www.games-workshop.com
© Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2023. Warhammer, the Warhammer logo, GW, Games Workshop, The Game of Fantasy Battles, the twin-tailed comet logo, and all associated logos, illustrations, images, names, creatures, races, vehicles, locations, weapons, characters, and the distinctive likeness thereof, are either ® or TM, and/or © Games Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world, and used under licence. Developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA. Creative Assembly, the Creative Assembly logo, Total War and the Total War logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA CORPORATION. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.