Get ready to rumble, Sonic fans! SEGA released the fifth episode of Sonic Origins Speed Strats, bringing players up to speed on all things Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles in Sonic Origins.
In the fifth episode of Sonic Origins Speed Strats, SEGA revealed Sonic’s first encounter with Knuckles the Echidna, the guardian of Angel Island’s all-powerful Master Emerald. After his defeat in Sonic 2, the evil Dr. Eggman crash-landed on Angel Island and teamed up with Knuckles to use the Master Emerald’s power to repair his Death Egg and rule the world.
Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails arrived on the island with the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic 2, which Knuckles quickly knocked out of the Blue Blur’s hands. Afterward, the heroes went forth on their journey across Angel Island to collect the emeralds and stop Dr. Eggman and Knuckles.
Please find a breakdown of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles’ new gameplay features below:
- Playable Knuckles – In addition to Sonic and Tails, players can play as Knuckles the Echidna and use his strengths like gliding and wall climbing to explore every corner of Angel Island.
- Bonus Stages – After passing lamp posts with 20 or more Rings, players can jump into the stars that appear to enter one of three Bonus Stages.
- Special Stages – Players can collect all seven Chaos Emeralds and obtain 50 Rings to unlock Sonic, Tails and Knuckles’ “super” forms and access the game’s special stages.
- Super Emeralds – After completing the game’s special stages, players can bring all seven Chaos Emeralds to the game’s Hidden Palace to transform them into Super Emeralds. Once activated, players can use the Super Emeralds to unlock Hyper Sonic, Hyper Tails and Hyper Knuckles.
- Competition Mode – In Competition Mode, players can go head-to-head in a two-player, split-screen race with five unique zones and three different gameplay modes.
- Double Attack – Using this new special ability, Sonic can deflect enemy projectiles and become invincible for a brief period.
- Elemental Shields – Throughout Angel Island, players can unlock item monitors containing a water, flame or lightning elemental shield throughout each Zone.
Sonic Origins is now available starting at 39.99 EUR on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems and PC.