There’s still more Sonic Origins info to dive into, Sonic fans! Following last month’s release of Sonic Origins, today, SEGA released the fourth episode of Sonic Origins Speed Strats, bringing players up to Sonic-speed on all things Sonic 2 – the first game to introduce Super Sonic.
In the latest episode of Sonic Origins Speed Strats, SEGA explores how Sonic and Tails became life-long friends on Westside Island and teamed up to save the world from Dr. Eggman and his orbital superweapon, the Death Egg.
Here’s a breakdown of what was discussed:
- Player Co-Op – Players can team up with a friend to complete the campaign together. If you’re feeling competitive, race against each other in “2-Player VS” mode. To win, stay on track and don’t look back!
- Anniversary Mode – Utilize the “Drop Dash” ability first introduced in Sonic Mania and explore Westside Island to find coins in Anniversary Mode.
- Knuckles the Echidna – In addition to Sonic and Tails, players can play as Knuckles the Echidna, either solo or with Tails. When paired with Tails, Knuckles can get to higher platforms with Tails’ flying ability, even in single-player mode.
- Hidden Palace Zone – Players can access a secret passageway, cut from the original 1992 release, in Mystic Cave Zone Act 2 that will lead them to the Hidden Palace Zone, a mysterious area filled with crystal-like caverns and waterfalls.
- Special Stages – Transform into Super Sonic and become unstoppable in Sonic 2 by collecting seven Chaos Emeralds to access the game’s Special Stages.
Sonic Origins is now available starting at 39.99 EUR on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems and PC.