Paris, November 9th, 2022 – Sun Tzu wrote in his 5th century BC treatise The Art of War that “the Supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting” – advice that still rings true after several millennia.
It’s also the perfect encapsulation of our goals for diplomacy in HUMANKIND™, our turn-based historical strategy game. We want to give players many options beyond warfare to earn Fame and achieve victory in the game. Which is why today we are very excited to announce the release of our first expansion Together We Rule and the accompanying “Metternich” free update, focused on diplomacy and espionage. It’s all about subduing the enemy without fighting.
TOGETHER WE RULE EXPANSION
See the world in a new light and manage conflicts differently with new gameplay features focused on diplomacy and espionage:
- Congress of Humankind – Get involved in an inter-empire forum with the Congress of Humankind. The congress will allow players to vote and decide on global doctrines and arbitrate international conflicts together.
- Embassy – Use this new Quarter to sign agreements that are beneficial for both empires, like joint training or research agreements. Or use your Leverage currency to force an empire to take specific actions to your benefit, like lowering war support or enforcing demands.
- Agents – Use this new unit family to gather Leverage. They will also allow you to infiltrate, sabotage and disinform other empires.
- Diplomatic Affinity + 6 New Cultures – The new Diplomatic Affinity allows its cultures to have a more active role in the world’s diplomacy.
- Their Active Ability allows them to demilitarise a territory for 10 turns, while their Passive Ability allows all their units, beyond just agents, to collect Leverage.
- The 6 new cultures are the Sumerians, the Han Chinese, the Bulgarians, the Swiss, the Scots, and the Singaporeans.
- 6 new wonders, new narrative events, new music – Monument Valley, Pamukkale, Chocolate Hills, Eldgjá, Palace of Versailles, and the Congress of Humankind Headquarters.
METTERNICH FREE UPDATE
Whether you decide to opt for the expansion or not, we hope you’ll enjoy our major free update. The “Metternich” update adds new Stealth mechanics, revamps independent peoples, allows for third-party battle reinforcements, and adds new UI options and improvements.
For the full patch notes please check out Games2Gether.
Together We Rule is available for the price of €19.99 on Steam, Epic Games Store, and Xbox Gamepass for PC. Grab it between now and November 16th and get a 10% off early adopter discount!
About SEGA® Europe Limited:
SEGA® Europe Limited is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA CORPORATION, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. SEGA wholly owns the video game development studios Two Point Studios, Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Amplitude Studios, Sports Interactive and HARDlight. SEGA Europe’s website is located at www.sega.co.uk
About Amplitude Studios SAS
Amplitude Studios SAS is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our current titles in production include HUMANKIND™, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Ancient to the Modern Era; and Endless™ Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game. We’re best known for our critically acclaimed Endless™ series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
About Aspyr Media
Aspyr is a leading video game publishing and development partner focused on maximizing the potential of games across all platforms for all players. Today, the company supports a growing network of partners that includes many of the industry’s leading entertainment IP holders, publishers, developers, and technology providers. Aspyr is a standalone entity under Saber Interactive, an Embracer Group company. Aspyr is based in Austin, Texas. For more information, visit www.aspyr.com.