August 30th, 2021 – Developers 2Awesome Studio and publishers CRITICAL REFLEX today announced the release date for their upcoming action-platformer game, Aeon Drive. It launches 30th September 2021 on PC, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Xbox X/S, and Nintendo Switch.
A cyberpunk-themed platformer with a speedrunning twist, Aeon Drive sees players take on the role of Jackelyne, a space ranger desperate to get home. Armed with her power sword and teleportation dagger, Jackelyne must find all the Drive Cores to fix her ship – and save the city from impending doom.
- Players can sprint and dash through many areas of the neon-infused city, using time and space-bending abilities to get ahead.
- Teleport through lasers, spikes or saws, and crouch-dash at the last moment to run through 100 levels of Neo-Barcelona
- Unique time-warping system saves players the frustration of repetition and keeps the challenge fresh
- Modern and retro looks come together in the game’s pixel-art style
- Advanced scoring system enables long term replayability
- Real-time difficulty adjustment – collect time-warping devices and use them strategically
Aeon Drive will feature two separate gameplay modes: Story mode can be played solo or in up to 4 player local/online co-op. Competitive PvP can also be played with up to 4 players local and online.
To add a competitive edge, players can use Discord Integration and Global Leaderboards to engage with friends, as well as other players from all around the world. Use streaming mode to show everyone who the real speedster of Neo Barcelona is!
The protagonist of Aeon Drive will be voiced by voice actress Kira Buckland, best known for her roles as 2B in Nier: Automata, Reimi Sugimoto in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Trucy Wright in the Ace Attorney series, and Hiyoko Saionji in the Danganronpa series.
More information can be found on Steam, and for all Aeon Drive updates, follow us on Twitter!
About 2Awesome Studio
2Awesome Studio is an independent game development studio and indie publisher whose mission is to add awesomeness to reality by developing video games with new and addictive mechanics and finding games that are equally awesome to publish.
About CRITICAL REFLEX
CRITICAL REFLEX is an indie game publishing label on a mission: Find kick-ass games, make sure these games are at their best upon release, and put them in front of as many gaming fans as possible. Members of our team worked with a lot of successful indie projects, launched a dozen crowdfunding companies, and now we’ve come together to publish games that we love!