Bucharest, Romania, June 14th, 2021 – Alien Pixel Studios will release their highly-anticipated platformer adventure game, Unbound: Worlds Apart, on Steam, the Epic Store, GOG and Nintendo Switch this 28th July 2021. PlayStation and Xbox versions published by Digerati are also coming later in 2021.
Summon portals to overcome vicious beasts, devious puzzles and platforming challenges in this new Metroidvania saga. Supported by a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, Unbound: Worlds Apart is ready to step through a portal into our world – and onto our screens.
Get hands-on with the Unbound: Worlds Apart PC demo on Steam, available worldwide.
Live in Europe? Check out the game’s new, Europe-exclusive Switch demo on the Nintendo Store!
Have your wizarding hats at the ready. You play as talented young mage, Soli, on his journey to defeat a ruthless evil that is tearing reality apart. Harness all of Soli’s powers as you delve into the dark, fantasy universe of Unbound: Worlds Apart. Curiosity and exploration will have an impact on the overall atmosphere as, inside certain portals, the physical properties of the character or world elements can change, offering new gameplay possibilities.
- Spellbinding Story – Follow Soli, a young and talented mage on a journey to avenge his village after ruthless malevolent entities begin to tear reality apart. Engage with an intricately crafted narrative, expansive lore and atmospheric universe.
- Gravity-Defying Gameplay – It is your job to battle monsters, unravel mysteries and explore new map areas as you unlock up to 10 different portals and powers – from inverse gravity to time manipulation, super strength and more.
- Compelling Characters – Meet a whole host of characters that play a part in Soli’s story. NPCs will aid you in mastering your portal-summoning abilities as you progress and unlock the mysteries of the worlds apart.
- Enchanting Aesthetics – A dark fairytale presented in gorgeous cartoon-animated style, Unbound: Worlds Apart features beautifully hand-drawn characters, scenery and assets developed in Unreal Engine (one of the few 2D games to do so).
- Mystical Music – Alexey Nechaev, sound designer for Inmost, adds to the fantastical atmosphere of Unbound: Worlds Apart with an other-wordly, original soundtrack.
Check out Unbound: Worlds Apart on Twitter and Discord for regular game updates!
About Alien Pixel Studios
Launched in 2016, indie studio Alien Pixel began as a three-person, part-time team. Today, the company has grown to eight dedicated developers and is backed by thousands of gamers, as they look to release their biggest game to date, Unbound: Worlds Apart. https://unboundthegame.com/