Amsterdam, The Netherlands – January 26, 2020 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of live service games, and Cryptic Studios announced that Star Trek Online’s newest season, House Reborn, is available on PC and will release on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One at a later date.
The beloved free-to-play MMORPG celebrates 11 years of expanding the emblematic Star Trek universe for Captains around the globe with House Reborn, a brand new content update which kicks off Part 1 of the finale to the game’s epic Klingon War. The new season introduces two exciting featured episodes centered around Star Trek: Discovery’s L’Rell (voiced by Mary Chieffo, who originated the role) and Tenavik (voiced by guest star Sam Witwer). Captains will also discover a brand new Klingon Recruitment System, a Special Anniversary Event to earn the new Alliance Temer Rader and a complete revamp of the Klingon experience, including remastered environments, missions, stories and more. Plus for the first time ever, Star Trek Online will allow players of all factions to command any ship.
Check out the launch trailer for Star Trek Online: House Reborn here:
Press assets for House Reborn are available for download here.
“It is truly amazing to witness how Star Trek Online continues to resonate with people after 11 years,” said Yoon Im, CEO of Perfect World Entertainment. “The Cryptic Studios team is incredibly passionate about Star Trek and has done a tremendous job of bringing the films and shows to life in the game. We could not be more thrilled to celebrate this milestone with them and our devoted players.”
“We feel so honored to be on this journey after 11 years,” said Andre Emerson, the game’s executive producer. “Each new year brings more Trek content than ever before and we feel like we’re just getting started. None of this would even be possible without the constant support from our players, and we would like to thank them dearly for it.”
After the Klingon Empire broke apart in House Shattered, J’Ula, matriarch of House Mo’Kai, travels to the sacred planet of Boreth. Plagued with guilt, she tracks down Tenavik (voiced by Sam Witwer from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, under the guidance of Kenneth Mitchell, who originated the role), the Klingon outcast who was first introduced in Star Trek: Discovery, with hopes that he can lead her to enlightenment. The journey won’t be an easy one, however. Players will be tasked with guiding J’Ula along her spiritual voyage, one where she will not only have to face ghosts of the past, present and future, but also descend into the pits of the Klingon underworld Gre’thor itself. There she will seek guidance from L’Rell, the famed Klingon warrior who played a pivotal role in the first few seasons of Discovery (voiced by Mary Chieffo, who originated the role). Captains will also reunite with General Martok (played by J.G Hertzler from Deep Space: Nine), Adet’Pa (voiced by Rekha Sharma from Star Trek: Discovery) and Aakar (played by Robert O’Reilly from Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine).
All this takes place across two brand new featured episodes. House Reborn also introduces a ton of new playable content for PC players to explore and exciting updates exclusively for Klingon characters. A full list of game features released with today’s update includes:
- Two Brand New Episodes – In “Knowledge is Power,” Captains will play as J’Ula and return to the sacred planet, Boreth to seek guidance from Tenavik, before heading to Gre’thor to seek out guidance from L’Rell in “Leap of Faith.”
- Klingon Recruitment System – Players who start a new Klingon Captain will now earn several rewards for all Captains on their account.
- Klingon Revamp – This past summer, Star Trek Online began a full revamp of the Klingon Defense Force faction. With today’s update, all mission content exclusive to Klingon Captains is now fully remastered, including most environments, stories and missions, cutscenes and voice-overs from Star Trek actors like Michal Dorn (Worf) and Shannon Cochran (Lady Sirella). Updated content also includes:
- Remastered Tutorial – Players will discover treachery aboard their ship and take command from a traitorous captain.
- Empire Story Arc (5 missions) – Captains will travel across the empire and uncover a plot to overthrow the Empire.
- Warzone Story Arc (4 missions) – After discovering the traitors of the Empire, players will join forces with Worf and House Martok.
- Fek’lhir Story Arc (3 missions) – Once thought to be a legend, the Klingon demons known as the Fek’liri return to attack Qo’noS. Players will join forces with Kahless and send them back to Grethor.
- Anniversary Event – Captains will be able to explore numerous episodes, patrols, and TFOs associated with the Klingon Civil War, and earn a new Alliance Klingon Bird of Prey.
- Cross Faction Flying – For the first time ever, Federation Captains will have the ability to command Klingon Ships and Klingon Captains can command Federation ships. To unlock this feature, players will need a Klingon character who has reached level 65.
- Free Discovery Uniform – To celebrate Star Trek Online’s 11th anniversary, all PC captains will be able to claim a free uniform from Star Trek: Discovery for a limited time.
Check out the third season of Star Trek: Discovery.
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game that allows players to explore the Star Trek universe from within. Players can forge their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy as a Klingon Warrior, rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird or carry out daring missions on behalf of the Dominion as a Jem’Hadar soldier. Captains can also explore iconic locations from the Star Trek universe, make contact with new alien species and battle alongside other players in customizable starships. Star Trek Online is currently available on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
To download and play Star Trek Online today for free, visit www.playstartrekonline.com.
Star Trek Online is licensed by CBS Consumer Products.
® & © 2021 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Perfect World Entertainment is a leading publisher of online games in North America and Europe. The company is known for creating and publishing titles based on well-known global entertainment franchises, such as Star Trek, Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering. Its product portfolio also includes the popular Torchlight series, as well as Remnant: From the Ashes, in partnership with development studio Gunfire Games. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment games have cumulatively grossed over $1 billion in their lifetimes. The company is a subsidiary of Perfect World Group, and is headquartered in Redwood City, California. For more information, please visit: www.perfectworld.com.
ABOUT CRYPTIC STUDIOS, INC.
Cryptic Studios, Inc. is a leading developer of online games committed to delivering the next level of gameplay. Cryptic Studios, Inc. develops AAA titles for PC and is rapidly diversifying its portfolio of games to expand beyond the traditional MMORPG genre. Its successfully launched titles include Champions Online: Free for All, Star Trek Online and Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter. Cryptic Studios, Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Group, is located in Los Gatos, CA.
ABOUT VIACOMCBS CONSUMER PRODUCTS
ViacomCBS Consumer Products (VCP) oversees all licensing and merchandising for ViacomCBS Inc. (Nasdaq: VIACA, VIAC), a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, VCP’s portfolio includes a diverse slate of brands and content from BET, CBS (including CBS Television Studios and CBS Television Distribution), Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and Showtime. With properties spanning animation, live-action, preschool, youth and adult, VCP is committed to creating the highest quality product for some of the world’s most beloved, iconic franchises. Additionally, VCP oversees the direct-to-consumer online business for CBS’ programming merchandise, as well as standalone SpongeBob, MTV, Star Trek and Showtime branded ecommerce websites.