London, UK – February 9th, 2022 – Today, developers Door 407 are proud to announce that Diplomacy is Not an Option has launched in Early Access on PC. A strategy game with a few surprise twists, Diplomacy is Not an Option combines fan-favourite elements of the city-builder, tower defense and RTS genres.
In Diplomacy is Not an Option, you were born a feudal lord. Sounds good, right? But when the masses rise up there is little warning or aid to be found. You alone must don the helm of battle and defend your lands from murderous peasants.
- Defend the kingdom: Experience warfare on an entirely new scale as over 10,000 enemy units break at your castle walls as a wave of angry bodies.
- Consider the laws of physics: Your gates, weapon trajectories, lines of advancement, kill-zones and fall-back positions are important. Then enjoy the sight of your enemies being thrown through the air by giant boulders from your siege weapons. So satisfying!
- Build a stable economy: A prospering settlement will support your armies. Gather resources, plan buildings, choose storage locations and plan expansions wisely.
- Care for your people: Homes must be protected, diseases managed and soldiers fed – lest there be deadly consequences.
- Beware of the land’s ancient magic: It may stir dead warriors to rise against you… or be harnessed to call down very big fireballs onto your enemies, which is even more fun than throwing boulders at them..
- Play your way: Go heavy on walls early, build large armies of cannon-fodder, or pursue the macro game of greedy growth and costly investments.
Diplomacy is Not an Option is a game without unnatural limitations. From the very first task, players are given the entire available arsenal and all in-game mechanics are unlocked. Players have full control over strategy for their realm to either prosper or perish.
After a successful demo period full of amazing and helpful feedback, Diplomacy is Not an Option launches in Early Access with a host of upgrades, new features and content changes. This includes a reworked economy system, new voiceovers, improved game performance and more units, buildings, factions and missions for players to enjoy.
About Door 407
Founded by people from MIET university (Russia, Zelenograd), Door 407 unites its employees with the passion for strategy games. Having played Warcraft, Heroes of Might and Magic, Stronghold, Age of Empires and Civilization together for hours, the developers began to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of their favorite RTS titles, and soon decided to combine the very best mechanics of the genre into a single game. Founders of Door 407 went on to release the well-known Tower Defense game, Ancient Planet, in 2015. Diplomacy is Not an Option is another step towards the team’s dream of creating the ultimate strategy game.