PARIS September 11th, 2023– HUMANKIND™ is taking to the seas! Set sail for new horizons with the HUMANKIND™ – Cultures of Oceania DLC, out now on Steam & Epic Games Store for €8.99. Plus, an early adopter discount of 10% is available now through September 21st.
HUMANKIND™ is a historical turn-based strategy game in which you’ll be leading your people from the Ancient to the Modern age, combining different cultures to create a civilization that’s as unique as you are. With the release of Oceania, the total number of cultures in the game is now 86!
Here’s what’s included in the DLC:
New DLC out now – Cultures of Oceania
6 New Cultures:
- Era 1 – Pama-Nyungan (Aesthete) – Pama-Nyungan languages were spoken by groups who spread across most of Australia’s territory from the mid-Holocene era onward. Pama-Nyungan speakers brought not only their languages and social organization, but also new cultural and artistic practices as they set down roots.
- Era 2 – Polynesians (Expansionist) – During the first millennium BCE’s final centuries, the triangle formed by the islands of Tonga, Samoa, and Uvea was the birthplace of Polynesian culture. In this vast expanse of ocean, the Polynesians developed innovative navigation techniques—with which they set out to conquer the Pacific.
- Era 3 – Rapa Nui (Builder) – The Rapa Nui colonized Easter Island around the 1100s. On this isolated territory, they managed to overcome difficult conditions to survive, make use of the land’s mineral resources, and cover their ground with monumental statues and ceremonial structures.
- Era 4 – Māori (Militarist) – Māori populations mainly settled on Te Ika-a-Māui, the North Island. Here, they built a thriving and complex society, structured into clans and extended families, whose bonds of solidarity were maintained through conflicts and wars.
- Era 5 – Hawaiians (Agrarian) – Starting in the late 1700s, Hawaiian society entered a period of deep changes. Political unification and increased contact with foreign cultures transformed their highly stratified systems, even as Hawaiians continued to steward the bounty of both land and sea.
- Era 6 – New Zealanders (Scientist) – In the 1940s and 1950s, New Zealand accelerated its movement away from the British imperial framework. Over the following decades, its leaders widened the social model inherited from the Seddon and Savage governments, while also investing in technologies to ensure the country’s energy independence.
6 New Wonders:
- Aitutaki Lagoon
- Bungle Bungle Range
- Whakaari Volcano
- The Royal Palace of Papeʻete
- Mauna Kea Observatory
Plus 7 independent peoples, 15 new narrative events, new in-game themed music tracks composed by Arnaud Roy
Major game update + free culture – “Bonny Patch” & Caribbean Pirates
In addition to Oceania we’ve released some free content:
- Bonny Patch – Major updates to naval gameplay, trade and resource management. More details are available on Games2Gether.
- Caribbean Pirates Free Culture – Era 4 (Militarist) – Play as the infamous Caribbean pirates in Era 4 to boost your militarist chops!
About Amplitude Studios™ SAS:
Amplitude Studios SAS is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 170 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our most current titles include the upcoming ENDLESS ™ DUNGEON, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game, and HUMANKIND™, a historical strategy epic where players combine cultures and lead their people from the Ancient to the Modern Era. We’re best known for our critically acclaimed ENDLESS™ series, played by millions worldwide, including ENDLESS SPACE, ENDLESS LEGEND, Dungeon of the ENDLESS, and ENDLESS SPACE 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
About SEGA® Europe Limited:
SEGA® Europe Limited is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA CORPORATION, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. SEGA wholly owns the video game development studios Two Point Studios, Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Amplitude Studios, Sports Interactive and HARDlight. SEGA Europe’s website is located at www.sega.co.uk