June 18th, 2020 – Monstrum 2, the multiplayer survival horror game slated for launch on PC in the last quarter of 2020, is now available for Closed Beta testing as well as pre-purchase.
Gaze into the abyss:
Indie developer Junkfish’s cult nautical horror game Monstrum returns as an asymmetric multiplayer sequel featuring up to 4v1 gameplay, set on an abandoned sea fortress. Monstrum 2 takes survival horror to the next level by combining first person stealth gameplay with extensive procedurally generated environments that keep each playthrough dynamic.
Choose to work as a team of stranded prisoners seeking a means of escape, or hunt them down as a terrifying monster.
Play as a human prisoner
- Use teamwork to complete puzzles, clear obstacles, and unlock new areas.
- Scavenge items that can help you exploit the environment and outwit the monster.
- Stay stealthy by using hiding spots and distractions to your advantage.
Play as a monster
- Master different monsters and use their unique abilities to hunt down the prisoners.
- Smash through walls, climb on ceilings, leap across distances, or teleport to your prey. Each monster leverages the environment in unique ways to ambush unsuspecting players.
- Immerse yourself in an atmospheric metal labyrinth that randomizes its layout, rooms, puzzles and traps each time you play.
Sign up for the Closed Beta now and pre-purchase Monstrum 2 at a special discounted price to receive bonus content plus Early Access to the game.
For updates and information on Monstrum 2, follow Junkfish on Facebook and Twitter.
Junkfish is a BAFTA Scotland and Develop Award nominated games company based in Dundee, Scotland. After working together at Abertay University, the team was officially formalised in 2013 and released their critically-acclaimed rogue-like survival horror game “Monstrum(R)” in 2015.