A once vast galactic empire, now fallen into decline: will you be the one to restore its former glory? Show the galaxy that you’re still the boss in Awakening, the next major expansion for our strategic space opera Endless Space 2.
Many of you will remember NGD Studios, who worked with us on the last two expansions for Endless Legend. They did such a wonderful job that, with the community’s blessing, we were confident in entrusting them with our cherished ES2. The result is a faction whose gameplay we’re willing to bet is unlike anything you’ve seen so far.
While other fledgling empires are struggling with growth and expansion, as the Nakalim, you will begin as an extremely technologically advanced society. Your mission: to seek powerful relics and reconquer ancient territories. Your tools will include a heavily defended exploration fleet, an affinity for Influence, and special relationship with the Academy. Not to mention the ability to negotiate with the galaxy’s most famous heretic, Isyander himself, if you’re in to that sort of thing.
Like many of our most successful asymmetric factions, our community voted via Games2Gether on several important elements related to lore and gameplay. So, thanks for the very cool Dust oracles.
- Nakalim – This new major faction has a large technology headstart, but with weaker science, depends on discovering lost Relics to learn new technologies. Their relationship with the Academy allows them to gain control over other systems through the Influence of their temples.
- Four new Heroes – The Nakalim are explorers, warriors, and believers. Use these heroes to master exploration and for developing systems and diplomatic influence.
- New fleet – Re-discover and take control of your ancient territories with heavily defended exploration-oriented fleets.
- Minor Faction – Xirmisala – Dust-sensitive philosophers whose skills were defined by the community via a Games2Gether vote.
- Academy empire – If you had one question for Isyander, what would it be? Finally, the Academy becomes an empire with the ability to manage star systems, fleets, & colonize new worlds. Contribute to their expansion, and you will be duly rewarded with special Academy roles that will give you special powers & bonuses, as well as access to the Academy’s own fleet of impressive ships.
Awakening is available for pre-order now on Steam for €12.99 and will be released next Thursday, September 12th.