THE HAGUE, The Netherlands – March 13, 2023 – Good Shepherd Entertainment and developer Artificer have announced that Showgunners (the original turn-based strategy game set on a dystopian reality TV show, previously titled Homicidal All-Stars) will debut on May 2, 2023, for PC via Steam and GOG.com. Crush your enemies, win the crowd’s favor, and you could be the next champion in this over-the-top tribute to beloved action classics like American Gladiators, RoboCop and The Running Man.
“This game began as a love letter to the outrageous sci-fi action movies of the 1980s, and we wanted a new title that truly honors its reality show roots while highlighting its fast-paced strategy and gameplay,” said Kacper Szymczak, CEO/Creative Director at Artificer. “So, welcome to Showgunners! We love our new name, we’re incredibly proud of everything we’ve put into the game, and we hope you’re as excited for its upcoming launch as we are.”
Starting today, the free Showgunners Steam demo sports an exciting new feature that lets the crowd directly impact the action: Twitch mode*! Twitch streamers can invite their viewers to join the carnage, acting as showrunners and voting in real time on events they’d like to see in game across an array of maps, each varying in scope, environment, and level interactivity. Will your fans help you out in a pinch and keep the hype train rolling? Or will they choose violence and send you to your doom?!
In a future society torn apart by extreme income inequality, climate change, and civil unrest, one show has taken the masses by storm, giving desperate competitors a shot at fame and glory. But first they’ll have to survive the arena. Each live-streamed broadcast delivers a hellish new obstacle course with a unique theme, traps and challenges. As a contestant with your own score to settle, you’ll have to battle other heavily armed combatants, explore for life-saving sponsorship packages, and outwit especially devious surprises from the show’s director if you hope to become the next champ.
- A Classic Revenge Story: Experience over-the-top, American Gladiators-style action and attitude inspired by sci-fi epics like RoboCop, Escape from New York and The Running Man.
- Become a TV Legend: Defying death through skillful play will grow your fame and make you a star! Record confessionals, sign autographs for fans, and unlock sponsorship deals for bonus rewards to help you win the show.
- Challenging Strategy Gameplay: Dive into a full single-player campaign featuring deep tactical combat mechanics that will test your skills across a variety of hand-crafted levels.
- Create the Perfect Squad: Build your team from a range of classes with their own skill trees, and customize their loadouts with powerful weapons, implants and utilities. Level up your characters and discover new strategies to take on each episode’s uniquely devilish trials.
- Survive the Future of Entertainment: Face off against fierce rivals outfitted with heavy weapons and cyborg augments, but watch out for surprise traps and twists from the show’s director, who’s more than willing to throw out the rules to boost ratings for his corporate overlords!
Showgunners is available to wishlist now on Steam and GOG.com. For more on the game, visit www.showgunners.com, and follow along with the latest updates on Discord.
*Twitch mode is a separate game mode not connected to the main single-player campaign. Your story progression does not impact your options in Twitch mode.
About Good Shepherd Entertainment
Good Shepherd Entertainment is an award-winning independent game publisher based in the Netherlands. The company has built a robust global footprint, shepherding talented development teams to create impactful games that innovate, challenge, and – most importantly – entertain. We’ve done this by pairing creators with writers, musicians and IP powerhouses and through strategic partnerships with some of the industry’s most notable names, including Devolver Digital, Croteam and Perfect World. In addition to the acclaimed John Wick Hex and Monster Train, GSE’s selection of titles includes Hellboy Web of Wyrd, Showgunners, Phantom Doctrine, the Transport Fever series, and the Hard West series. For more information, visit www.GoodShepherd.games.
Artificer is a Warsaw-based studio founded by the team responsible for Hard West and Phantom Doctrine. Artificer is equipped to punch above its weight class: the studio consists of over 40 talented developers, including many award-winning veterans who have previously worked on numerous acclaimed titles, including Call of Juarez, Outriders, The Witcher, Dying Light, Shadow Warrior 3 and the Dead Island series.
Led by the “measure twice, cut once” philosophy, with immense devotion to hand-crafted work and strongly established turn-based experience, Artificer is ready to present you with their latest turn-based title: Showgunners.