March 9th, 2023 – Brighton, UK – Today, independent developer Brightrock Games, and brand-new label CULT Games, have unveiled Galacticare – a sci-fi hospital management game with complex mechanics and a rich narrative, due for release on Steam, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5 and GOG in 2023.
Check out the trailer here:
Begin your journey into space as the Director of Galacticare: a pioneering, interstellar hospital franchise which, in a first for the 23rd century, cures more than it kills! In a colourful sci-fi world rife with death and disease, design and manage perfectly functioning hospitals orbiting volcanic planets, deep-space graveyards, and psychic alien deities!
With an offbeat narrative that twists together a ragtag group of eccentrics, Galacticare will take you on a journey beyond managing a hospital. From your assistants – a dejected AI bureaucrat and Medi, a tireless janitorial robot – to the variety of consultants you’ll hire and bring along on your journey, the characters will grow beside you as you progress deeper through the story.
The game features:
- Build Hospitals Unlike Any Other – Build the best place of healing you can amidst the stars by constructing treatment rooms, placing equipment, hiring staff, and customising your hospital to your heart’s content.
- Eradicate Disease… In Style – Upgrade and improve treatment technologies such as Projectile Medicine, the Xen Garden, and Dream Therapy and keep up with the ever increasing demands of interstellar health care!
- Get Good – Use every tool and tactic at your disposal to improve your Hospital Rating – the only metric that truly matters.
- Face Disaster – Make the best out of scenarios like “run a hospital in a space prison”, “why is everyone missing their skin” and “treat a terrible oil spill before there are… consequences.” Do everything you can to help Galacticare flourish in a deranged universe!
- Cultural Outreach – From the Dyonai, created by a god who won’t answer their calls, to the multi-minded and psychic Vizarj, you’ll meet and treat seven distinct species, all with their own unique attributes.
- Immerse Yourself in a Rich Narrative – Galacticare’s narrative will unfold naturally as you play, and you’ll get to know its characters as they work alongside you in bringing Galacticare’s vision to life.
- Control Everything – Optimise patient health, take charge of hiring and firing, and intricately design your hospital in a way that satisfies your particular needs. Invest your profits wisely between research, expansion, and preparation for any unforeseen disasters.
Wishlist Galacticare on Steam now! Find out more about Galacticare on Twitter or its website.
ABOUT BRIGHTROCK GAMES
Brightrock Games is a British independent game studio based in Brighton, UK, with a multinational core team of 15 people. Initially a small gathering of modders, enthusiasts and – most of all – gamers, the group first rallied under the banner of Subterranean Games, setting their sights on reviving a genre that AAA publishers had long neglected. United in a shared passion for the oft-overlooked dungeon management genre, Subterranean Games released War for the Overworld on PC, Mac and Linux in April 2015. With this critically acclaimed and successful game under their belt, the company name was updated to Brightrock Games to better reflect the team’s broadening horizons. Brightrock Games’ goal is to create genre-twisting strategy management games that tell engaging stories and push the medium forwards.
ABOUT CULT GAMES
CULT Games is a brand new games label partnering with talented development studios to publish extraordinary games with a community-focused approach. Led by a team with decades of experience driving commercial and critical success in games and entertainment, the sometimes zealous, always hardworking, London-HQ’d collective is launching its first games in 2023.